What Are the Benefits of Messages in iCloud?
- The key purpose of Messages in iCloud is to increase the ease with which you’re able to sync and access up-to-date conversation threads across all your devices.
- Messages in iCloud is configured so that your iMessage conversations, along with any associated attachments, files and photos, take up less space on your device.
How to Enable Messages in iCloud
- To enable and get started using Messages in iCloud, you’ll first have to ensure you’ve updated to the latest version of iOS 11.4.
- You’ll then have to opt in by heading to the Settings app.
- Select your Apple ID card at the top.
- Select iCloud.
- Then toggle on Messages.
How to Enable Messages in iCloud on macOS
- On your Mac, open the Messages app.
- Select Preferences.
- Check the “Messages in iCloud” box to fully enable the feature.