We all know that iOS is a fairly restrictive operating system and we cannot make a lot of system level changes. That’s why things like locking apps with your biometric data or hiding individual apps from being seen are somethings users cannot really do. However, many people don’t realize that if you dig into its Settings, you can find some amazing hidden features that iOS has on offer. One such feature is the ability to hide apps, and while you cannot hide apps individually, you can employ a blanket statement which will hide certain kinds of apps. So, if you are interested in learning how to do that, here is how you can hide apps on iPhone X:
Hide Apps on iPhone X
The trick I am going to show you is nothing new, and in fact, it has existed for quite a few years now. That’s what makes this trick so much more interesting as even though it has been in place for a long time, not many people know about it. One thing to note here is that iOS 12 has changed the way this trick works. However, if you are on iOS 12 right now or will be in a couple of months, here is how you can hide apps on iPhone X:
- Launch the “Settings” app on your iPhone X and then tap on “Screen Time”. Here, tap on the “Content & Privacy Restrictions” option.
- Once you do that, you will be asked to create a “Passcode”. Since we have already done that, we are getting the “Enter Passcode” screen. Just create the Passcode and on the next screen enable the “Content & Privacy” option.
- Now, if you want to hide the native apps, tap on the “Allowed Apps” option. Here, disable the apps that you don’t want to appear on the home screen.
- For hiding third-party apps, tap on “Content Restriction”. As you can see, there’s a lot of things that you can restrict on your iPhone. It is here where you can restrict the type of music, podcasts, movies, books, and more that are available to the user.
- However, since this article focuses on hiding apps, tap on the “Apps” option marked in the picture below. By default, you will see that the “Allow All Apps” option is selected.
- Here you can do a couple of things. Firstly, you can hide all third-party apps by tapping on the “Don’t Allow Apps” option. Or, you can hide apps by age restrictions. For example, tapping on the “12+” option will hide all the apps that require the user to be 12 years or above.